Summer is in full swing! Take a day trip or come spend the weekend with us in Michigan’s Great Southwest. Enjoy everything from paddleboard adventures on the water to virtual 5K’s. Take a wind down the Makers Trail for local craft beer and wine tastings or browse the local boutiques. There’s a little something for everyone; #MeetMeLocally.
- You’ll feel nostalgic when you step back in time at G&M Variety! Shop the old fashioned five-and-dime store for St. Joseph merch, beach and pool items, snacks, toys, home and office supplies, home decor and more.
- Located in downtown St. Joseph, Purely Michigan offers products focused on Michigan! Customers will enjoy a variety of Michigan beer & wine, snacks, apparel, home decor and more! Purely Michigan, Discover Yours.
- Gliks of St. Joseph is a family-owned clothing store and is known for being the 14th oldest retailer in the United States! Offering both mens and womens apparel, each store is curated for the community and you’ll never see two stores exactly the same.
- Additional shopping in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- Caffe Tosi is a casual Italian eatery that offers dine-in and limited outdoor seating! Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, diners are in for a delicious treat any time of day.
- Located just off of I-94 in an old Texaco station, the Round Barn Filling Station is the latest addition to the Round Barn family. Serving a variety of Round Barn beer, wine and spirits, take a pit stop to enjoy a tasty meal!
- Silver Harbor Brewing & 221 Main are hosting the Pleasant Street Plaza on weekends throughout the summer! Enjoy outdoor dining, live music and games. The fun starts Friday at Noon through Sunday at dusk!
- Additional eateries in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- Take to the water with Third Coast Paddling! Choose your location to get started: Paw Paw River (St. Joseph/Benton Harbor), Galien River (New Buffalo), Silver Beach (St. Joseph). Visit thirdcoastpaddling.com to reserve your trip!
- Shuler Dairy Farm is a 5th generation Centennial farm located in Baroda, MI. Take a tour of the farm this summer and at the end, treat yourself to fresh ice cream! Call (269) 326 0366 to schedule your tour today.
- Explore Southwest Michigan’s local wines and craft beers on the Makers Trail! Featuring pet-friendly locations, unique tasting experiences and seasonal events - there’s something for everyone on the Maker’s Trail!
- Additional activities in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
- Enjoy the weekly St. Joe Farmers Market every Saturday from 9:00am-2:00pm in Lake Bluff Park. Market-goers will find jams, honey, hearth-baked breads and fine pastries, perennials, cut flowers, organic vegetables and so much more!
- Celebrate with these local businesses! Watermark Brewing Co. celebrates their 4th Anniversary Party on Saturday, July 18 and The Turquoise Top Hat celebrates their 3rd Anniversary on Saturday, August 1. Cheers to another year!
- Stay active this summer with these 5K’s - YMCA of Greater Michiana’s 9th Annual Race for YMCA 5K/10K (Virtual) from Saturday, July 18 -Sunday, July 26 | SWMI RACERS 3rd Annual Once Upon a Time 5K on Saturday, July 25 and 7th Annual Superhero 5K on Saturday, August 15 | Southwestern Michigan College’s Virtual Steve’s Run from Saturday, July 25 - Saturday, August 1.
- Additional events in Michigan’s Great Southwest!
Enter for the chance to win one of three St. Joseph Experience Gift Bags during the #MeetMeLocally giveaway! Visit our #MeetMeLocally Blog for prize information.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Must post a photo of location "in & around St. Joseph"
- Use hashtag #meetmelocally
- Tag St. Joseph Today
FACEBOOK: @stjoetoday | INSTAGRAM: @stjoetoday | TWITTER: @stjosephtoday
- Enter multiple times!