Ho Ho Ho! Visit with Santa & Pet Live Reindeer
Published by Silver Beach Carousel Society
Thursday 19th of December 2019
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
What a magical way to start your holiday weekend! See our favorite North Pole guest and pet a live reindeer.
Come early! This is one of our most popular Family Fun Night events so please arrive early to avoid waiting in long lines:
- To pet and have a keepsake photo taken with one of the live reindeer come between 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Please arrive no later than 7:00 PM to assure you get a turn. The reindeer will be in Santa’s Christmas Corral in the Shadowland Ballroom across from the Carousel.
- Santa is expected to arrive sometime during the evening - time TBD.
- Live Reindeer Admission: $1 for ages 3 and older; free for 2 years and younger. Cash or credit cards are accepted for admission and photos; there is a minimum $5 charge.
Get keepsake photos: We will have a professional photographer in the Corral to take photos of your child or family with one of the reindeer. Each pose costs $3 for one print; $5 for two prints; $8 for three prints. You can include up to six people per photo.
If you have a baby, you’ll need to hold your child next to the reindeer. For everyone’s safety, no child may be placed on the reindeer, and no child under the age of 4 years may be on the ground near the reindeer without an adult next to him or her.
During your reindeer visit, we won’t permit taking personal photos or videos with a camera, cell phone, tablet or another image-capturing device.
It helps to bring an extra adult or teen with you: This is one of our busiest Family Fun Nights and we’ll do everything we can to fill it with happy memories. It’s a good idea to bring more than one adult or a teen with you. That way if there is a wait to see the reindeer, one of you can hold your place in line while the other takes the children to enjoy all of the other fun activities. When your spotter gets near the front of the line, bring the children back for a shorter wait.
Play reindeer games and more! No one will be left out from having fun tonight:
- Ride the Carousel for $1. “Noel, the Christmas Horse” will be our star tonight in our beautifully decorated Carousel House! The Serpent Chariot is wheelchair accessible. Put on one of our Santa hats and ride to the happiest holiday tunes – Santa may even join you!
- Make forever memories. Catch your breath from all the busyness of the season by playing games, coloring pictures and watching electric trains whistle through the snowy holiday scenery in the Carousel House. Explore the Silver Beach Amusement Park memorabilia and interactive displays. Or relax in one of our comfortable rocking chairs and sing along to “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.”
- Get yummy treats. Stop by our concession stand for freshly popped corn, caramel corn, fluffy cotton candy, Dippin’ Dots® ice cream and more!
- Find last-minute gifts! There’s still time to shop for treasured presents at The Brass Ring Gift Shop. You’ll find ideas for all ages and holiday budgets. There are collector ornaments, toys, carousel pins and music boxes, handmade scented soaps, jewelry, jigsaw puzzles, charming stuffed animals, custom-designed t-shirts, snow globes, stocking stuffers, books, bags of tokens and much more. (A favorite gift is the money-saving Magical Memories Coupon Book. You get more than $50 worth of fun for only $25!)
Should the reindeer get too tired, the Silver Beach Carousel reserves the right to close the photograph and petting line before 8:00 PM. We’ll base the decision on the length of the line and our reindeer friends’ needs.
Happy Holidays— from everyone at Silver Beach Carousel!