Deep Fried Pickle Project
Published by The Livery
Friday 20th of April 2018
9 PM - "Pay What You Want"!
"These cats play everything AND the kitchen sink!"- Art Observer
In 2002 a mysterious green iceberg was discovered by a band of unemployed pirates in Lake Michigan . Frozen inside were the Pickle Boys, cold solid in a chunk of sour brine. The DFPP were hoisted aboard, chiseled free and re-animated by the ship’s crude pirate scientist chef using a combination of spirits and pickle juice. As the DFPP awoke from their icy slumber they started singing and have never stopped. Where the Pickles came from and where they are going remains a mystery…
Armed with a Frankenststonian array of homemade monster instruments, their recipe is flavored with Jug Band, Hokum and Honkeytonk spices. You'll relish the Pickles! Band members include:
- Daniel Daniel on vocals, jug, washtub bass, swambone, flamingophone, saw, kazoo, and kitchen sink
- Alan Selvidge on vocals, canjo, panjolele, and suitcase bass
- Kathryn Diana on washboard, cigar box fiddle and vocals
- Charlie King (formerly of Asylum Street Spankers and Stephen Lynch) on vocals, dobro, hamBoLin, jug, slide whistle, song sandwich, pig and banjo
DFPP's bag 'o tricks also includes:
- Eco friendly Instrument building workshops (for more on this, see the bottom of our biography below)
- Musical Kids Parades
- Instrument Petting Zoo
- Trivia Contests with prizes
-"How to Build a Jug Band" Playshops for adults
- Short "Tweener" Sets between Acts
- Festival Pre-Parties
The Pickles have collaborated and jammed with the Del McCoury Band, Umphrey's McGee, Chris Thile, Everyone Orchestra, ALO, Zach Gill (Jack Johnson), the Gourds and many more talented artists. From festivals to fairgrounds, from playshops to workshops, from PBS to the Bravo Network the Deep Fried Pickle Project dares you to TAKE A BITE.
To View a Pickle Video, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?