2019 UP Adventure II: Intermediate Backpacking Trip
Published by Wanderlust Outfitters
Friday 16th of August 2019 - Monday 19th of August 2019
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Our campsite will have toilet facilities, a fire ring, and drinking water.
• The campsite is very close to the river and within a short walking distance to the North Country Trail and Manistee River Trail.
• Dinner, breakfast, and water will be provided.
• With the exception of water filtration, a cooking system, and watercraft, bring all of your own camping gear (including dry bags).
• Bring a fishing pole (and fishing license), bathing suit, hiking shoes, or a good book. Depending on our paddling speed, there may be some free time.
• Pack your gear into dry bags to keep it safe on the river.
• Be prepared to paddle a canoe with one other person and all of your gear. Paddling experience is helpful but not required.
COST | $170 Per Person
Includes a copy of our recommended packing list; experienced trip leader; roundtrip van transportation from Wanderlust Outfitters to the Big Manistee River north of Cadillac, MI; campsite reservation for 1 night; 2-day canoe rental, paddle, life preserver rental & river permit; 2 meals (1 dinner 1 breakfast); bonfire supplies (including s’mores!); and drinking water. Camping gear, lunch on Sunday, and snacks for the river are not included.
Call Wanderlust Outfitters to register: (269) 281-7047
Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/events/432724257529493/